Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Serge Lutens Santal Majuscule

By Tom

Oh, I tried, I really did. I wanted to find this as lovely as some of the other reviewers like my Scent Twin.

But I can't. Santal Majascule has a dose of that note that's in Jeux de Peau in heapin' helpings: the one that smells like like butter-flavored Pam to me. While it didn't make me retch like JdP did, the note was enough to make SM into a fast scrubber.

$140 at LuckyScent, where I tested. Then washed off. Sorry.

Image: wikipedia commons

5 Comments:

Blogger Louise said...

Tom, I couldn't wear Santal M. either. Not for the same note that gagged you, but rather for the raspy wood note that triggered some major asthma for me. This is an increasing problem for me-the "blonde", "light", "sheer" woods-as well as white musk.

Not to mention frequent overdoses of Ambroxan :(

7:30 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Well, I can't say I'm really glad not to be the only one. but I'm glad I'm not the only one.

7:06 PM EDT  
Blogger Louise said...

You are not alone. Now I have an earworm...: )

5:58 AM EDT  
Blogger Louise said...

Btw-you may be getting few comments because the "please prove you are not a robot" symbols and digits are damn near impossible to read. 6 attempts here. I am loyal.

6:01 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I expect to have my sample tomorrow. I so not wish it reminds me of Jeux de Peux... This is the one perfume I wish Serge Lutens had not gone...

2:01 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home