Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, March 08, 2012

Turtle Vetiver Front by LesNez

By Tom

One of the things that I really like about LesNez (in addition to really loving some of their work) is that they've never fallen into the trap of feeling that they have to release something on a schedule X many times a year. I always think that if one has nothing to say then don't speak.

LesNez waits until they have something to say.

Turtle Vetiver Front is a continuation of the late and much lamented Turtle Vetiver. It's a creation of Isabelle Doyen and is meant to be an "Outlaw Perfume in Progress", which means that it's a limited edition. Which I hate.

I hate that because this is a winner and deserves to stick around. Vetiver here is perfectly played: in turns smoky and warm yet crystalline and icy, and very rooty. As the scent progresses it becomes warmer and more skin-like. The lasting power is phenomenal: the scent I sprayed on in the morning was easily discernible upon waking the next am.

Frankly, it's the best vetiver I've smelled since Vero Kern's Onda, and that's saying something..

Available at the LesNez website or at LuckyScent, $120 for 50ML. My sample was sent by LesNez

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Flora said...

Uh-oh - I just got a sample of this that I have not smelled yet, must try it immediately - but here we go again with the limited editions, story of my life!

12:04 AM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Donna-

Tell me about it.

2:23 AM EST  
Blogger Tama said...

Grrr, I hate all this LE stuff!! Humph, Hopefully it will still be around when I finally visit Scentbar in May.

2:43 AM EST  
Blogger queen_cupcake said...

Is it possible that perfumers are producing so many Limited Editions because they can't be sure they will be able to have a steady supply of quality ingredients?

6:35 AM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Tama-

I hope so too

1:21 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

QC-

I never thought of that bur that certainly could be an issue, especially for a smaller house..

1:22 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home