Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Saturday, May 28, 2011

L’Artisan Parfumeur Traversée du Bosphore Candle Review


I never warmed to Traversée du Bosphore, the perfume.

It reminded me too much of Loukhoum, the turkish delight that I am fond of to eat, less so to smell like. It was one of the few Bertrand Duchaufour compositions to leave me totally cold. Then I got a candle…

I was gifted a mini-candle of Traversée du Bosphore and - ungrateful and picky Perfumista that I am - I took it smiling bravely, trying to suppress a tiny eye-roll. It is the thought that counts, isn’t it?

One evening, when I was looking for something else entirely, I happened upon the mini-candle and on a whim, I lighted it. I promptly forgot about it (no need for security alerts though, it was safely out of reach for small hands and far from combustible items) and when I came back into the living room I was struck by the great smell in there. Apparently I am totally fine with my house smelling like loukhoum.

Notes, according to Luckyscent included in Traversée du Bosphore, the perfume, are apple, pomegranate, tulip, iris, leather, saffron, Turkish delight accord (rose and pistacchio), vanilla and musks.

What turns into an unrelenting sweet-fest on my skin, diffuses into a lovely, fruity-spicy delicacy wrapped in tobacco leaves and softest leather, in my living room. Now I finally got the appeal this perfume has for many.

I am happy with my candle and how it transforms my environment into a Byzanthine fantasy.

What can we learn from this? Never say never.

Now where is that sample of Traversée du Bosphore again…

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Meredith said...

If somebody gave me a Traversee du Bosphore candle, I'd kiss them. I'm impressed that YOU are impressed with the candle, not being a fan of the perfume. I must get one of these.

1:01 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This seems like it would make a great candle (even though I like the perfume too), especially with the more prominent tobacco. I might be interested if I were willing to use precious perfume dollars to purchase candles!

3:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrie,
you know, I did kiss him! I am not really that ungrateful! ;)

2:05 PM EDT  
Anonymous Suzanne said...

Have never tried Traversee du Bosphore, but you sure do make the candle sound good, Birgit! :)

2:07 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anotherperfumeblog,
I totally understand you, I would rather buy a perfume for myself too, before I invest in a candle or diffuser, but a great smelling home is something the whole family loves, not only me, so... :)

2:07 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suzanne,
you should try the perfume, I would be very interested to hear your thoughts!

2:09 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a problem with the comment section. When signing into Google, I am prompted to JOIN BLOGGER. I'm not a blogger myself and have no reason or desire to join BLOGGER. Thought you should know there's a problem...thankfully, you have the anonymous option avaible :)

5:27 PM EDT  
Anonymous Ronny said...

I had exactly the same experience with this candle/fragrance combo. I was gifted with a couple of samples and small candle. Perfume is awful on me (and, IMHO, not very nice in general); candle smells really rather nice. Who knew...

4:34 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous,
there have been plenty pf troubles with blogger the
last few weeks, I am sorry you had trouble commenting. Hopefully the situation is fixed soon!

8:12 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ronny,
I am glad I am not alone with this experience!
Who knew, indeed! :)

8:14 AM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

This sounds like the perfect home scent! I have had my reservations about the fragrance too, although I have never tried it, but the candle must be delectable.

11:38 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donna,
it is. I am glad to hear I am not only one not loving the perfume, though. :)

3:46 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the same reaction to the scent, but you convinced me, I went and bought the candle today!
thanks for the tip, Bee

11:28 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home