Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lucky 7: Andy Tauer Zeta

By Tom

I'm just about the last person I think to write about this new scent from Swiss perfumer Andy Tauer. We here at PST are fans of his and for me his latest did not disappoint. It opens with sparking citrus: lemon, orange and bergamot that's so wonderful you want it served like champagne. Ice cold in a flute. Neroli and linden form the heart: neroli young and springlike and linden with its surprisingly human aspect to it. Sandalwood, orris and vanilla combine with the salty linden to create just a touch of his signature "Tauerade" in the drydown.

It's a cliche I guess to write of a scent as "Summer in a bottle". It isn't to exemplify the ideal, as Zeta does.

$150 for 50ML at Tauerperfumes.com

My sample was from LuckyScent.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Marian said...

Does it last, Tom? And does the drydown maintain some of the sparkle? I'm trying to visuatlize, I mean olifactorilize, it.

12:05 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

It has pretty decent lasting power, 4 to 6 hours. and the drydown does give a memory of the opening sparkle.

12:17 AM EDT  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Just ordered a sample! Y'all wore me down with all the sparkle, sparkle, gentle honey linden summer talk.

12:29 AM EDT  
Blogger Ducks said...

Oh my gosh, Tom, WAAAAANT! What a lemming of a review... and shame on you, I'm supposed to be being good.

1:02 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your review almost sent me to the Tauer website to purchase a full bottle unsniffed. How much longer can I withstand the Zeta lure???

4:20 AM EDT  
Anonymous iodine said...

As I'm not a Tauer expert, could you please tell me if the "Tauerade" signature is what you smell in Orange Star drydown, for example?

5:25 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Alyssa

let us know how you feel about it!

12:01 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I loved the opening of this one, but then it seemed to turn into a quite skin scent, which I don't find with other Tauers at all. Is there something wrong with my receptors?

12:25 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Ducks- Sorry! Can't help it!

2:00 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

olfactoriastravels.com

I hope you like it!

2:01 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

iodine-

It's a sort of human, sweet/sour base that's slightly oily smelling. Just slightly. I like it a lot.

2:05 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

lang-

I think that's the linden. some people really don't like the smell of linden trees. google it to see what I mean

2:07 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tom - I just looked it up. okaaay. I guess it DOES become a skin scent! LMAO

10:03 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

lang-

yep.

11:50 PM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

Well, it seems to be pretty unanimous - everybody loves Zeta! I am sure I will too.

12:07 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Donna-

I think it is pretty uuanimous

11:28 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home