Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Friday, May 29, 2009

Kaipu Cherry Blossom

Kaipu is an Israeli line of body products and perfumes, which describes itself as holistic, Fair-Trade-partnered and organic. Thanks to a kind and generous fellow perfume lover, I got to try several of the scents, and Cherry Blossom was an unexpected favorite. It was translated to me that Cherry Blossom combines the notes of spring flowers and sweet and sourish fruit...rather vague copy, but it leaves a lot of room for imagination.

I imagine that the composition which, again, thanks, translators, is "a combination of lightness and richness", is built on a contrast of fresh, airy notes, like, possibly, lily of the valley and maybe jasmine and sweeter, fluffier notes of heliotrope, with an extra, but not too big, dose of cherry. Ordinarily I abhor cherry and heliotrope in perfume, but here the notes are rendered with such translucency, such subtlety...the scent is tenderness itself, a delicate gauze, the softess caress. I could go on. I like its fresh, dewy beginning, the tart, slightly sweet heart, the slightly powdery drydown. A simple, delightful, truly spring-like creation.

Cherry Blossom, $14.00-$29.00, like other Kaipu products, is, unfortunately, only available in Israel.

Three Candles by Chagall are from art.com.

Labels: ,

24 Comments:

Blogger tmp00 said...

Phine. Who do I know who is trekking to Israel?

12:12 AM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

Too bad it's not available here, what great prices, and I think it sounds lovely.

12:45 AM EDT  
Blogger Tama said...

lol - why do you torment us so?

2:33 AM EDT  
Blogger carmencanada /Grain de Musc said...

I guess I'm not holding my breath. Organic. Pff. The market is ripe for those, and I'm not judging the scent of course, but it wouldn't be a condition of my liking it. I just want my hydroxycitronellal back in Diorissimo...

3:49 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty but useless at the moment due to unavailability. Oh well

lovthescents

9:22 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

T,
Iph I go I'll let you know :-) Their Ambra is amazing too, I think you'd like it. I should send you a sample, actually.

9:30 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Donna,
The prices are so nice :-)

9:30 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Tama,
But it's a sweet(-smellin') torment, no? :-)

9:31 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Denyse,
Organic or not is not an important or even in any way interesting point for me either. I just want something pretty :-)

9:31 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

S,
Yes, but, better to know prettiness exists somewhere, even if it is unavailable than no not know it all :-)))

9:33 AM EDT  
Blogger Tammy said...

Oh, now I am lemming a trip to Israel! This sounds enchanting!!!

9:59 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Tammy,
So am I :-)

10:03 AM EDT  
Blogger elle said...

Reason number 3,654 to take that trip to Israel. It really is just about at the top of my list of places to get to and this does sound like a terrific line of products.

11:27 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

L,
I know. And it's just about the only place where I don't need a visa. :-)

11:29 AM EDT  
Blogger Scott said...

A Haiku for Kaipu:
Spring celebrated,
Cherry blossom confetti,
on the wet sidewalk.
Your faithful reader, Scott

11:43 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Scott,
Aw, love that, thank you, it made me smile :-)

11:47 AM EDT  
Blogger Beth Schreibman Gehring said...

This is totally breathtakingly yummy sounding and normally the cherry blssom thing would leave me cold. This sounds beautiful though and I NEED to smell it! I've somehow got the impression of sweet cherry blossoms in the warm rain....

1:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Beth,
it's exactly something like that!

1:03 PM EDT  
Blogger danush said...

Oh, I'm so excited you're enjoying it! I think the line is great and what it really lacks is a little marketing.The image is marvellous, I like the atmosphere of Chagall's works.

1:45 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

D,
Thank you for introducing me to it! They should maybe try to branch outside, find distributors.

1:46 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, Tel Aviv is full of Kaipu, but since we're touching the art of natural perfume...how can we check how natural is the said product, or any other one.
Your review, as usual Marina, makes this simple composition worth sniffing again.

9:43 AM EDT  
Blogger danush said...

Tel Aviv is full of Kaipu? I know just two shops that are carrying the line.

4:52 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Danush, I sent a message before, and am sending a new one, to tell you that i've seen Kaipu products in more than three shops.

4:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Trish said...

Next year in Jerusalem!! I want me some of that :-)

~T

1:57 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home