Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Saint Parfum “Tomato Vine”

By Beth

Sometimes, a little shopping excursion really pays off! October’s jaunt to Manhattan for the first ever Food Network Wine and Food Festival was a gem in and of itself, but the whole weekend was marked by many pleasures, one of the best was meeting our darling Marina for the very first time! I knew her immediately as I walked into L’Artisan on Madison and for those who haven’t had the pleasure she is indeed as elegant as she seems, European to the core and at the same time thoroughly sweet, disarming and delightful!

New York for me is a full throttle creative experience and I visit as often as I can! Cleveland is a lovely city in spite of all of its bad press, but we just don’t have the selection that this shopaholic needs to keep her happy! The parties that I was attending that particular weekend were fabulous and all had the advantage of being in the evening leaving my days free to do as I pleased. So with a delightfully full stomach, a lingering glow and a very happy heart, I hit the streets of Gotham City to worship at the feet of my muse!

Bendel’s, Ralph Lauren, Barney’s and of course Takashimaya…. all are intoxicating but having been a old fashioned luxury goods retailer I adore Bergdorf’s the most. I feel at home there in a way that a child feels at home in their mothers kitchen after a long school day. Bergdorf’s is such a successful store mostly because everything is accessible, there’s not a hands off policy in sight. The sales associates are friendly and they love to let you wander. They understand bloggers and they let me take pictures without making me feel life a thief in the night and the best part is that down in the makeup and fine fragrance department they love to talk to you and shower you with samples!

That is how I found myself talking to a most delightful gentleman, Michael Stanzoni who took at least 30 minutes of his precious time to educate me about the nuances of Serge Luten’s. After many scent strips, lots of laughter and a new bottle of Datura Noir , we began to speak of perfume Smellin Things. Michael is a interesting and very engaging man , very knowledgeable about fragrance. It’s no wonder that he now finds himself one of the champions of a fabulous new home fragrance line, Saint Parfum! Saint Parfum has the distinct honor of being the ONLY home fragrance line to be featured in this months Vogue Holiday Gift Guide as one of their favorite holiday gifts under 500.00. Saint Parfum has many wonderful scents, but the beauty of this line is in it’s custom blending program. Imagine being able to create a signature home scent or a distinctive and special scent for each beloved on your shopping list. Each order is hand packaged so beautifully that it takes your breath away. What an exquisite gift to be able to give to someone who truly loves fine fragrance.

"If there's a silver lining to the economy this year, it's that consumers are being more thoughtful with the gifts they're giving," explains Spencer Krenke -- perfumer and co-founder of Saint Parfum. "When our customers order Saint Parfum as a gift, we hand perfume, hand pour and hand package each item individually with a card detailing that the item was made just for them, very personal, very unique. Today we had a customer order twenty seven items, each one personalized to those on her list. She further explained she's spending much less this holiday, and wanted more meaningful, personalized gifts."

Michael gave me a quick wink , asked for my name and address and approximately 3 days later I was the delighted recipient of my own gift of Saint Parfum. Receiving it was a moment to be savored, the packaging was exquisitely warm licorice with accents of creamy winter white. The hand labeling was simple and indescribably gorgeous. It was numbered and said simply “Tomato Vine”. It took me many minutes to open it, mostly because I was so utterly captivated by the presentation.

Now those who know me well also know that there is nothing that I adore quite as much as sun ripened heirloom tomatoes eaten fresh from the vine, with the addition of only a bit of truffled salt for garnish. I live for the late summer when I can walk onto my patio and bury my face in their leaves. When I opened the bottle of the scented oil and placed the reeds into it I was immediately transfixed. The scent of this tomato vine is true and beautiful and this precious gift now lives in my bedroom, happily disarming all who experience it.

When I checked on the pricing I was told that it would retail for 85.00 which I felt was thoroughly reasonable for the amount of pleasure that it brought me. They also have luxurious 65 hour hand poured candles which retail for 75.00. I asked about a specific scent for the holidays and was told that the Siberian Fir Needle would evoke the spirit of the season in a most delightful way. I am sure that when I order it I will be just as delighted as I was with the Tomato Vine! And I’ll admit to it, I am contemplating a custom blended scent , because I just love the thought of it. At 175.00 (a one time cost) it seems like a wonderful luxury that would last for a very long time! Our homes are totally personal palaces of self expression and I am enchanted with the thought that I could create my own signature. The only problem is choosing from the vast array of fragrances available…did I actually just call that a problem?

Saint Parfum can be ordered online at www.saintparfum.com or enjoyed at Barneys!

Spencer Krenke is quoted from a Saint Parfum company press release/ November the 21, 2008
Photographs from www.saintparfum.com

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger tmp00 said...

You just gave mr perfect idea for a holiday gift. Thanks!

12:27 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Sounds fantastic! I would choose Tomato Vine too. Or Siberian Fur Needle.

6:52 AM EST  
Blogger Beth Schreibman Gehring said...

Hi Tom,
Your welcome! It is wonderful...and you're lucky enough to have a Barneys! I hope that you enjoy it...let me know about your experience there.

7:04 AM EST  
Blogger Beth Schreibman Gehring said...

Either or both:) I am a dangerous woman when faced with too many decisions!

7:07 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear B.,

The perfect Spring-fresh fragrance to "cleanse" a new space. The tomato Gods are smiling on you. You're soooo worldly!

Love,

B2.

12:26 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Beth, how delicious and delightful! I envy your trip experience.

I feel exactly the same way as you do about tomato vines, and I like my beefsteaks sliced while still warm from the garden and spread with my homemade basil pesto. A plate of those is dinner all by itself!

1:08 PM EST  
Blogger elle said...

Sounds like a great line! If you haven't smelled CB's Memory of Kindness, you might want to give it a sniff - great tomato vine scent. If I get to NY in January, will definitely have to go check these out. I saw on their site that they have a Tobacco Leaf - that would be one I doubt I could resist.

5:26 PM EST  
Blogger Janet said...

What a beautiful story! I very much enjoyed reading this :-)

7:12 PM EST  
Blogger Beth Schreibman Gehring said...

B2,

You know how I am about the tomato god's :) I can't wait to plant the seeds you gave me next spring!
Because of you my new space is perfect! Thanks so much for the awesome help! I love you!

11:18 PM EST  
Blogger Beth Schreibman Gehring said...

Flora,
At this point I am planning a trip to Portland next year during tomato season! I am beside myself with your description! I'll let you know when I'm arriving for dinner!

11:20 PM EST  
Blogger Beth Schreibman Gehring said...

Elle,
I too could not easily resist Tobacco! I just love that fragrance and am considering making it a part of my custom blend!
I'm so glad that you enjoyed the post and I hope that you get to try these very soon!

11:43 PM EST  
Blogger Beth Schreibman Gehring said...

Janet! i am so glad that you enjoyed my review! Thank you so much for your really kind words! Have a wonderful holiday!

11:45 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home