Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Monday, February 11, 2008

The Sexiest Perfumes

Not a week goes by on more or less any perfume forum without somebody asking for the sexiest perfume recommendations. If I had a dollar for every email inquiring about the same thing (variations on the theme being "what girls dig", "what men like", and "what would get me the most compliments"), in the last two something years, I would have probably accumulated at least 23 dollars. So today we at Perfume-Smellin' Things decided to offer our list of the sexiest perfumes, masculine and feminine, and to show once and for all that the sexy in perfume is a very subjective matter. Join us and list your two sexiest scents in the comments.

Alyssa

The Sexiest Feminine Perfume: Chanel's Coco, in extrait: Not for everyone, to be sure, but on the right skin it radiates a soft, sexy warmth and an easy, confident glamor. Deep flowers, leather, the barest hint of dark chocolateтАФwhat more do you want?

The Sexiest Masculine Perfume: The smell of dish soap: That's right. Nothing is as sexy as a man washing up the dishes after a dinner he just prepared for his beloved while s/he sits comfortably sipping the last of the wine.

Beth

The Sexiest Feminine Perfume: Bal a Versailles blends with my soul……. I love who I become when I wear it.

The Sexiest Masculine Perfume: Givenchy Gentleman never fails to bring me to my knees…..

Colombina

The Sexiest Feminine Perfume: Aftelier Tango - raw, haunting like a memory you are almost afraid to recall and ultimately tragic, like any true passion

The Sexiest Masculine Perfume: Dior Fahrenheit - The Ultimate Man. The Ultimate Sexy.

Donna

The Sexiest Feminine Perfume: Caron Parfum Sacre. Enveloping, mysterious and men just love it; the only thing "sacred" about this baby is the name.

The Sexiest Masculine Perfume: Montale Greyland. This unusual scent bowled me over right from the start with its Hot Romantic Hero vibe and stunning presence.

Kelley

My choice for sexiest fragrance (I would love to smell this on a man or a woman!) has to go to Serge Lutens Santal de Mysore. This is a spicy sandalwood scent with a gormand edge. Mmmm, it's damn sexy!

Linda

The Sexiest Feminine Perfume: Guerlain Vanille Spirituese - vanilla is man-bait, pure and simple. This very adult, boozy, beautiful vanilla delivers without too much ice cream-and-knee-socks kink in it. Vanilla, amber, or jasmine florals always get my partner's attention: either Vanille Spiriteuse or Monyette Paris have him nuzzling my neck before I can get out the door.

The Sexiest Masculine Perfume: Hermes' Ambre Narguille - the warm, narcotic effect of this scent is so endlessly appealing. The scent swings from apple-pie wholesomeness to spicy hookah langour, all on a sinful amber vanilla background; I want to devour it.

Marla

The Sexiest Feminine Perfume: Hanae Mori's Magical Moon- white flowers, tropical fruit, and Asian incense, like a temple in the moonlight, romantic and sexy,too.

The Sexiest Masculine Perfume: Gucci Pour Homme (original) papyrus, incense, woods, and spice, can't go wrong with these.

Mr. Colombina

The Sexiest Feminine Perfume: Off the top of my head I would choose D'zing. It's kind of leathery. And what's sexier than leather?

The Sexiest Masculine Perfume: I will say Yatagan only because well I've worn it a lot lately and though I have not been keeping track, I suspect it perhaps coincidentally has been worn on more nights that led to 'amore' than other scents. Wearing it reminds me of passion.

Tom

The Sexiest Feminine Perfume: Piguet Fracas. If you are going to do tuberose, I say go the whole nine yards. This is film-noir tuberose: hot-house sultriness, a blonde in bias-cut satin, champagne-soaked sin. Like a Lamborghini or a 45 automatic, is perhaps not very appropriate for a trip to CostCo, but if I smell it on you there I will be grinning form ear to ear.

The Sexiest Masculine Perfume: Muscs Kublai Khan. A suave conquerer of a fragrance; smells like post-coital bliss. I'd love to curl up in some chest hair and smell this..

And a bonus submission from Ina of Aromascope, who by the way is moving to her home-country today, so our best and warmest wishes go to Ina and her husband!

The Sexiest Feminine Perfume: Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose.

The Sexiest Masculine Perfume: Chanel Egoiste.

For other Valentine perfumes lists, please visit
Bois de Jasmin
Now Smell This
Perfume Posse

35 Comments:

Blogger elle said...

What great choices! I think anything a person feels most in sync with is sexy and for me that varies all the time, but if I had to pick just one I'd probably go w/...aargh!...can't pick just one, so I'll run them all together and they can read as one - DiorlingTabacBlondNeilMorrisFetish. Does it help that I don't have one for a man? The sexiest scent a man can have for me is just his own skin. Am actually glad DH doesn't wear scent. I love scent on men - just not men I'm involved w/.

10:03 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I'd have to agree with Tom and go for Tuberose as the sexiest of flowers, and Fracas is an obviously perfect choice. And as long as it's judiciously applied, MKK is incredibly sexy--too much though, and all I get is stanky dirty ass. Of course, on the right guy...

I'm sort of surprised at the lack of leather scents on this list, despite Mr. Colombina's shout out. Surely there are some leather queens (of all kinds) lurking somewhere out there. Personally, it's not my favorite note, but I figured it would get some kinky play here.

I guess I'm going to have to try Greyland and Santal de Mysore now too. I've heard the latter is quite sweet and syrupy, so we'll see how it goes (my skin tends to amp up the sweetness).

11:58 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sexiest for women - Tabu parfum. It's sex in a bottle.

Sexiest for men - that's a bit harder for me, especially since my husband never wears fragrance. I think a tiny dab of Rose Poivree on a man would be amazing.

12:22 AM EST  
Blogger Kelley said...

billy d, Santal de Mysore isn't really that sweet(ok, maybe just a little). I have smelled many SLs that are much sweeter! However, I had a bottle of genuine sandalwood oil from Egypt and this is a true to life, genuine sandalwood fragrance as you can get without being a soliwood. It's spicy and sometimes I even get a little coconut with the cuminy spices. Oh, this is glorious. I try to only wear it on special occasions.

1:07 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my fiancee in Chanel Une Fleur, Creed Love in White and Chanel Coco Mademoiselle.

My fiancee loves Creed Santal Imperial, JPG Fleur de Male, Dior homme and Terre d'Hermes on me.

1:09 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sometimes wear Santal de Mysore, but am not sure about it on my significant other. Its not as mindblowingly sweet as other Lutens and the description of it being spicy sweet with accents of wood is quite accurate. Its a kind of sandalwood fragrance that one would expect if well versed with the Lutens line. As for it being a replica of real mysore sandalwood, thats true...to an extent. The woody component in it when not clouded out by the benzoin and cumin/spices combo is an accurate rendition of the mysore 'wood. But the coconut-like gourmand accord stays firmly infront and drowns out the more interesting sandalwood note overtime. For a more pure sandalwood experience there are a few others out there but Santal de mysore is fun to experience.

1:16 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the list I'll go with Kelley's choice. All the way.

Ina - safe journey, and happy life back in the old country!

1:24 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great choices!
My favourites are:
sexiest male perfume: Bois 1920 Sushi Imperiale
sexiest female perfume: Guerlain Shalimar.

3:30 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful picks by everyone! I'm on board with Tom and Mr. C. Fracas is soooo sexy, and when my DH wears Yatagan, he can have anything he wants!!

7:45 AM EST  
Blogger lilybp said...

OK, here are mine (not very original, but. . . ):

women (i.e., me): Habanita parfum, Musc Ravageur, Rose Poivree

DH: Montale cuir d'arabie (and on me--CdA + SL TC--thanks, Karl:)

8:14 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someday I'll find the perfect jasmine & it will be my sexiest scent. Until then, the 'fumes I feel like The Hotness in are Cuir Mauresque & Cuir Ottoman (hi Billy, leather queen, shouting back. Tom, it was Dzing! but that got bumped.) & Datura Noir (but only in summer). Going by my bf's reactions, the sexiest scents on me are Un Bois Vanille & Datura Noir.

The only thing I've ever smelled on my bf that we both liked was Bulgari Black & yes, I found it sexy. I'd like to smell him in orig Gucci Pour Homme but he refuses, & I don't know that it smells of sexiness to me the way the BB does.

8:36 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

L,
Neil Morris Fetish, eh? Do I have that one, I wonder. I have several samples, but kind of got stuck with Burnt Amber, which, as we discussed :-), is awesome.
I must say, I love when men wear fragrance. But the smell of freshly-showered male is quite sexy as well. Because, although I like skank in perfume, funnily enough, I can't tolerate the, um, real skank at all :-)

8:52 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Billy,
Fahrenheit is leather, leather, leather to my nose. So there you go, a leather scent :-)

8:53 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Amy,
Oh, RP on a man would be stunning!!

8:53 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Kelley,
What are your other favorite sandalwoods?

8:54 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

faizanjax,
I actually hesitate writing this the other day, between Tango and Coco Mlle. I too find the latter to be very sexy.

8:55 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

faizan,
I will ask you the same question as I asked Kelley: what are your favorite sandalwood scents?

8:56 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Lee,
I am thinking of her today too and keeping my fingers crossed for a very smooth journey.

8:57 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Livia,
I agree that Shalimar is very sexy. I adore it on other people. Smelled it on someone the other day, it was heavenly!

9:00 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Suzanne,
Well, I don't know about Everything, but I do love Mr C in Yatagan too :-)
he actually asked for another bottle, which is a rare occurrence. In fact, it is unheard of.

9:05 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Judith,
Karl's combo is genius!
I will wear Habanita in your honor today.

9:06 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Divalano,
You know, other leather scents come in go in my life, but Dzing always remains :-) Just sayin'.
The original Gucci Homme is mindblowingly sexy. I hope you manage to find a way to convince your BF to wear it. :-)

9:08 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelley et al: Yes, please indulge us in your favorite sandalwoods. You've got me seriously intrigued about SDM--I just recently discovered that Iris Silver Mist loves me. It has a similar woods + spice thing going on. Mmmm, nice.

11:52 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love lists!
In my opinion, sexiest for women: YSL Opium. And Fracas. Sorry I just couldn't resist adding another one!

For men (or me!): Ormonde Jayne Man.

--Molly :)

3:07 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Molly,
I agree, Ormonde Man is gorgeous and totally unisex.

3:13 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excelent article!!!

Allow us please to promote little fragrance pool we are running at http://www.fragrantica.com/bestfragrance

Our aim is to find out what the opposite sex prefers. We think that this experiment is an interesting one and that the results might be very diverse, but let us see.

3:54 PM EST  
Blogger NowSmellThis said...

Interesting range of choices! So glad to see Gucci Pour Homme & Fracas get votes, and wholeheartedly 2nd the notion that "If you are going to do tuberose, I say go the whole nine yards".

8:57 PM EST  
Blogger chayaruchama said...

Too many sexy ones for women...
I love Santal Mysore, it's me.
Tango, Mitsouko, Madame X, Tabac Blond,Ambra tibet.
Men-
I love a good Knize Ten, Blenheim Bouquet.
[I didn't send you fetish, M- but it's great.]

9:07 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Fragrantica,
Thank you for sharing.

9:16 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Robin,
That should apply to any note. Except for fruits and berries :-)

9:17 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Ida,
I will find it somewhere, it sounds amazing.

9:18 PM EST  
Blogger Vireo Perfumes said...

I was very happy to see Fracas on there, of course!
A younger me used to feel pretty sexy in Coco Channel.
Though,
I am fan of layering scents.
There is something of that 'wanting to be a prince on a pauper salary" selfishness that came with not wanting to be pegged on what I was wearing. A secret, "nobody will ever be wearing this and it is beautiful." I have had the most positive comments when I have done this. I feel a bit of a mad scientist working with what I have but always not over doing it or leaving a skunk-like vapor trail.

1:21 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Knidonovan,
Layering is definitely such fun!

7:39 AM EST  
Anonymous Charm said...

After reading this and all of the comments....now the question becomes: "When you see someone on the street or on t.v.....say, an exotic-looking Asian actress....do ever wonder to yourself if she/he smells the way they look???" I have. And maybe I have because I'm on the quest for my own personal scent and have had no luck. I was looking for something sexy and exotic...maybe even just a hint of sweetness...but spicey too. Is there even a fragrance out there?

11:05 AM EDT  
Blogger bestsexymodel said...

very nice post, I like it if you want sexy models celebrities photos...bestsexymodel.com

4:56 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home