Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Parfums MDCI Rename the Scents

From my email inbox to your ears- Parfums MDCI have renamed their scents.

FK1 is now called Promesse de l'Aube
FK2 is Rose de Siwa
FK3 is Enlévement au Sérail
SB1 is Invasion Barbare
PB1 is Ambre Topkapi

Says Claude Marchal, the creator of Parfums MDCI:
"The names are the product of my imagination, memories, a glass or two of good wine, and serendipity. Several evoke the Orient (Rose de Siwa for the magical oasis of the Egyptian desert, a childhood memory and a lovely word, Ambre Topkapi is reminiscent of the famous Turkish palace of same name and its fabulous riches, and "Enlèvement au Sérail" ( "Abduction in the Harem") is both evocative of the Orient and of the Mozart's opera and its intrigues.

The most unexpected is "Invasion Barbare", which struck me one night. It is absolutely unexpected, but it seemed to fit immediately, it goes against conventions and will certainly be well memorized, which is OK for such a sucessful fragrance."

The scents are available at Parfumsmdci.free.fr and can be pre-ordered at Luckyscent.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant names, though I'm uncertain of the barbare... Back to savagery again, eh?

And I can testify to the magical beauty of the Siwa oasis - truly A for astounding.

4:27 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Leopoldo,
Yes, the savage imagery seems to be very much in fashion, doesn't it? :-)

8:05 AM EST  
Blogger elle said...

Am so glad these have names now! My favorites were Enlevement au Serail and Rose de Siwa, but I like the name Invasion Barbare so much that I am now going to go back and resniff it and try to fall in love w/ it - the power of a great name.

8:06 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

L,
I can't believe you didn't love SB1-Barbare!

How does one pronounce Enlevement? :-)

8:14 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

on-lev-mon with the special frenchie nasalisation of the last syllable.

Actually, that's a good guide to French. If in doubt, use your nose.

9:03 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Leopoldo,
Haha, thank you! Good advice!

9:19 AM EST  
Blogger StyleSpy said...

Well, I think those are lovely. I always prefer perfume names in French. (Maybe 'cause I have a big nose.)

10:15 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

A,
So do I. (And so have I) :-)

10:16 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, the names. That was the reason I bougt "Le baiser du dragon" from Cartier - "The kiss of the dragon". I found it so fascinating - and still find it fascinating, but don't like the scent ...
And I came to Dzonghka via its name too - but I learned to love the scent very quickly.

7:09 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Lady Jane,
As a "dragon" (horoscope thing), I want to love the cartier's creation so much...but it was unwearable for me. Just...ugh *shudder* :-)

8:23 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You won't believe it : I'm a "dragon" too - and the Cartier is completely antagonistic with me, unfortunately ...

2:42 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

High five, fellow dragon! Are you by any chance a leo too? :-)

2:47 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home